TheKnot.com Introduces Mobile Website for Easy Wedding Planning On The Go
#1 Wedding Website Launches Mobile Site With Optimized Access to All Content, Tools, Local Wedding Vendors and Forums on TheKnot.com
NEW YORK (March 22, 2012) – TheKnot.com, the #1 online wedding planning resource, today announced the launch of its optimized mobile website, m.TheKnot.com. Couples can now track their wedding to-do list, find thousands of local wedding vendors in their area, swap advice with other brides on message boards and share their favorite content via email, Google+, Twitter and Facebook – all while on the go.
“We’re thrilled to provide our brides with on-the-go access to the rich content, useful tools, local vendors and other brides – anytime, anywhere – with a fully accessible mobilized version of our website,” says Carley Roney, cofounder and editor in chief of TheKnot.com. “According to our recent research, more than half of brides on TheKnot.com use their smartphones for wedding-related tasks. The launch of the mobile site further emphasizes our mission of making everything about wedding planning easier for couples.”
Features of m.TheKnot.com include:
- Easily searchable access and mobile-friendly viewing of an extensive archive of articles on everything from wedding dress trends to tips on choosing a photographer
- Streamlined Local Vendor Directory with “click-to-call” and “save to favorites” capabilities via a bride’s phone
- On-the-go access to all forums, such as “Reception Ideas” and “Registering and Gifts,” in a simplified version of the message boards
- Quick navigation to the bride’s personalized checklist with wedding planning to-dos from booking the cake tasting to choosing the invitations
- Content sharing via Google+, Twitter and Facebook
The Knot is the nation’s leading wedding resource, reaching nearly every bride in America through the #1 wedding website, TheKnot.com; The Knot national and local wedding magazines; The Knot book series; and syndicated columns in newspapers nationwide. The Knot is the flagship brand of XO Group Inc. (NYSE: XOXO; http://www.xogroupinc.com), formerly The Knot Inc., a global media and technology leader devoted to weddings, pregnancy and everything in between, providing young women with the trusted information, products and advice they need to guide them through the most transformative events of their lives.
CONTACT: Melissa Bach
Public Relations Manager
XO Group Inc.
# # #