WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE HR BUSINESS PARTNER ROLE AND OUR TEAM
XO Group Inc. is looking for a seasoned HR Business Partner to join their team in the New York office. XO’s HR Business Partners lead the delivery of all HR services to internal client groups to drive outstanding business performance. Our HRBP's serve as trusted advisers on all HR issues and as partners to the business in hiring, developing and retaining the best talent.
This role will be supporting the technology and product business groups and will be responsible for driving generalist talent initiatives. Each HRBP additionally owns a speciality (compensation, analytics, etc.) and drives the strategy and execution of projects related to that speciality. The HR team at XO Group loves to be challenged, have fun and is always focused on working together to carry the organization through an exciting transformational period full of change.
- Provide leadership and coaching to managers and employees on all aspects of HR
- Drive results based on business goals and strategies by defining and executing specific people-focused initiatives, including talent-related initiatives and employee development programs
- Work to resolve employee and organizational issues in a proactive and positive manner
- Interpret and implement HR policies, practices, and procedures to further the values and strategic vision of the business
- Manage key HR initiatives (talent reviews, performance management processes, engagement survey initiatives, etc.)
- Own a speciality area (compensation, analytics, etc.) and drive the strategy and execution of projects related to that speciality - compensation experience is a plus
- Use data, metrics and internal / external trends to arrive at insights and present findings back to the business, as well as track and disseminate key HR data
- Build credible relationships with key management, business stakeholders and peers by combining commercial and HR expertise to add value to the business
- Coach managers to better manage their business, develop their people, and drive business results
- Provide guidance and challenge business leaders on how to effectively manage change within the organization, such as department reorganizations, leadership changes, role restructuring, mergers and acquisitions
- Support clients in the execution of XO’s evaluation and compensation processes
- Create and promote a fun, positive, fast-paced, accountable culture
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5-10 years of HR experience
- Strong business acumen, analytical and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups
- High energy; comfortable handling multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Strong employee-relations skill set; can earn trust and credibility with employees
- Experience working with engineering and/or product teams is a plus: please specify if you have this!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.