WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
As an executive assistant at XO Group, you’ll have a birds-eye view of the entire organization and a chance to build relationships with employees and our leadership team. You will be responsible for executing fundamental administrative support for our C-suite executive team. The Executive Assistant team reports up to the Director, Employee Experience and are an integral piece of what makes XO Group a fantastic place to work!
- Act as Gatekeeper to senior executives: phones, mail, email, ensuring meetings start and end on time, and managing sensitive information.
- Manage multiple calendars, schedule meetings and travel arrangements.
- Schedule and coordinate outings, company-wide events and meetings for respective executives
- Act as a point of contact for executives and respective departments.
- Anticipate potential roadblocks and approach with a problem solving mindset.
- Process expense reports and other invoices.
- Maintain files, contact lists and other resources.
- Create presentations and other communications, as needed.
- Provide back-up support for other EA’s as needed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Higher education degree preferred.
- 2+ years experience in an administrative support role. Executive level a plus.
- Extreme attention to detail a must.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and competing priorities.
- Experience booking travel and/or planning itineraries.
- Excellent professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Google Enterprise (Google Drive, Google Calendar, etc.).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel a plus.
- A willingness to pitch in where needed.
- Superior ability to organize and simplify.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.