The team behind the numbers, Finance and Accounting ensures our business decisions positively impact our users and our bottom line.
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE VP FP&A ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The VP of FP&A is a critical member of our team, leading all of our budgeting and forecasting processes as well as significant value-add ad hoc financial analysis. You’ll lead a team of 4 stellar analysts eager to develop in their roles.
- Lead creation of weekly, monthly and quarterly financial and KPI (Key Performance Indicators) forecasting and reporting packages
- Communicate results in highly visible reports to Executive team, Board of Directors and team managers
- Manage strategic plan and budget process across company
- Drive analysis component of SEC reporting for 10Qs, 10Ks and proxies and contributing insights to Investor Relations.
- Initiate and respond to requests for ad hoc analyses that enable our business leaders to better understand and lead their businesses
- Lead team of skilled financial analysts with focus on the highest quality output and evolution of their skills as individuals and as a team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years working in a FP&A leadership role including publicly traded company experience, Accounting experience preferred (10+ years total experience)
- Experience forecasting multiple revenue, data and operating expense streams effectively with an eye to data-driven insights (experience forecasting marketplaces is preferred)
- Excellent communicator able to take complex data and financials and surface key themes and trends to all manager types
- A commitment to excellence in one’s own and the team’s work and confirmed ability to “own” the numbers
- Team management experience with strong managerial skills and a motivational operator passionate about developing a team
- Commitment to working effectively in a fast moving environment, focusing on constant improvement
- Calm under pressure and ability to meet tight and sometimes changing deadlines
- CPA or MBA is preferred
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.