The team behind the numbers, Finance and Accounting ensures our business decisions positively impact our users and our bottom line.
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Payroll Clerk will assist the Payroll manager in preparing and processing both bi-weekly and semi-monthly multi-state payrolls. This is a temporary full time position.
*This is a temp position*
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earning, taxes, deductions, leave, disability and nontaxable wages.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Analyzing information, Data Entry Skills, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, General Math Skills, Financial Software (ADP and Excel), Reporting skills, Verbal communication and Organization.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From generous parental leave , to free snacks and company outings, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.