Our Software Engineering team builds the features and experiences that help millions of users plan, celebrate and remember life’s biggest moments.
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ENGINEER MANAGER ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
XO Group is seeking a talented and driven Engineer Manager to join our Enterprise Team. The Enterprise Team is responsible for the overall success of our National/Local Sales team as well as our Finance organization. You will be leading a talented and experienced engineeringteam, working on some of XO's most important initiatives.
- Manage a small team of talented, technical, Salesforce and Data engineers.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and motivation to the engineering team.
- Leverage technical skills to drive architecture and technical direction, product and features, as well as infrastructure, process, and tool improvements and adoption.
- Partner with cross-functional partners such as Product and Marketing to deliver quality features and products to our end users.
- Work with Software Architect and other Technical Leads to add, improve, and maintain the current applications, architecture, and infrastructure.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years Salesforce engineering experience.
- 3+ years SQL
- 2+ years experience managing high performing software development teams
- Experience working in an Agile, TDD environment. Testing FIRST!
- Experience building a team via various methods of recruiting.
- Experience guiding continuous improvement of technology, architecture, process, and productivity
- Experience with eventually consistent data paradigms and distributed systems architectures
- Experience with third-party systems integration
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, continuous flow development environment
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and company outings, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.