Our Engineering Team uses innovative methods and technologies to ensure our users always have secure access to our content and our employees have best-in-class, custom tools to get the job done.
WHY WE LOVE WORKING AT XO GROUP INC:
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, content rich, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. Connect yourself to work that matters!
ABOUT THE ENTERPRISE PRODUCT MANAGER ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
As our Enterprise Product Manager, you have experience with customer facing systems, are focused on understanding the ‘why’ when solving a problem, and have a passion for solving problems through technology. You are a team player, who enjoys understanding business priorities to build a product roadmap, and understand the importance of building customer relationships. You will work with with other enterprise product managers, developers, and business owners to build enterprise solutions that solve the businesses problems and deliver value.
- Work with business partners to understand prioritization so you can own and manage the product roadmap
- Gather requirements for business problems to be solved, which includes discovery documentation, business process diagrams, user story requirements
- Manage product lifecycle of an initiative, which is focused on the requirements gathering process, iteration planning, and UAT support
- Focus on asking ‘why’ to ensure we are providing solutions that meet the customer's need.
- Challenge the norm if it results in a better way of operating
- Expert experience in requirements gathering, including GAP analysis
- Very strong listening skills
- Experience in an Agile environment, with focus on user story creation, backlog management, and roadmap planning
- Experience working with other product managers, developers, QA, business owners, and upper management
- Experience working with users during the UAT phase
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to document and deliver SFDC best practices to stakeholders that meet business needs
- Experience with Enterprise Systems
- You are experienced and happy in a fast moving, continuous flow environment.
- 2+ years of SFDC or similar CRM experience as a power user, analyst, administrator, or solution architect desired
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Things you’ll like a lot!
- Health benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, free drinks and snacks, learning events, volunteering opportunities, and a mentorship program.
Things you’ll love!
- Amazing coworkers, unlimited vacation, weekly happy hours, transparent and approachable executives
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE JR. SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking for a highly organized, team player with outstanding skills in Systems Administration with a focus on Microsoft Windows and Creative Technology Support. In this role, the System Administrator will be a support person for all users in the New York office as well as remote support for all other locations. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment and the ability to plan and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical partners at various levels within the organization. The candidate will observe day to day operations and make recommendations to improve processes, tools and hardware to provide a better workplace for the businesses.
The Junior System Administrator will report to the Manager, End User Services in New York.
Other attributes needed to succeed in this position include, a proven ability to multi-task and prioritize your work in a fast-paced environment, either independently or as part of a team and a collaborative spirit. Our Teams are very dedicated and excited about what they do – and we work hard to maintain that atmosphere. The right candidate for this position will be smart, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, a problem solver, a go-getter and above all, a team player.
- Day to Day management of EUS ticket queue
- Editorial/Magazine publishing support
- Inventory Control, Asset Management
- Image system deploy for both Windows and Mac’s
- Conduct daily monitoring of systems
- Video conferencing Support
- Recommend and implement software, hardware and process improvements.
- Other IT functions as necessary
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum 1 year experience working with and supporting Windows and Mac systems
- A minimum 1 year experience with end user support including:
- Office Applications
- Image Deploys
- Application installs
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and hardware including administration and security principles including:
- Active Directory (AD)
- File sharing and permissions
- Event logging
- Performance monitoring and disk administration
- Server clustering
- Web server administration
- Experience with Mac to PC conversions
- Experience Google Apps Suite
- Understanding of Adobe Digital Publishing Suite / Creative Cloud Suite a plus
- Strong technical understanding of Infrastructure and System dependencies
- Ability to translate technical information into business terms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience writing technical documentation and training materials
- Editorial/Magazine publishing experience a plus
- Experience with K4 Publishing a plus
- Experience with Font Management Software a plus
- Experience with Image / Video Management processes a plus
- Experience with Avaya phone systems a plus
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.