Our Engineering Team uses innovative methods and technologies to ensure our users always have secure access to our content and our employees have best-in-class, custom tools to get the job done.
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE REGISTRY TECHNICAL OPERATIONS ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Registry Technical Operations role provides a great opportunity for candidates seeking to leverage their combined business and technical skills. We are looking for a savvy, organized, analytical, and helpful person with experience in Affiliate Marketing technology, API/ETL data processing, and general IT or web-platform best practices. The Registry Technical Operations team combines expert communication strategy with deep operational knowledge to support continuous improvement and great quality of our registry product. This position requires a strong technical mind with solid data experience to support the other members of the team. Enhance your current skills and gain experience in the many facets of a public digital company—the greatest of its kind!
This position in the Business Intelligence & Digital Analytics department sits at the intersection of User Experience, Product Analytics and Data Intelligence. The Analyst is closely aligned to the Product organization, contributing to the practice of analytics-based decision making, driving the selection and adoption of new tools, and educating the Product and Design teams on their use. The position also works in close collaboration with the Data Intelligence team to identify and cleanly capture the data required for our algorithms and analysis.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with the technical teams of the largest retailers, including Amazon, Bed Bath and Beyond, Crate & Barrel, Macy’s, etc.
- Lead and support technical projects and ongoing changes related to current and prospective partners.
- Monitor key data exchange and loading processes.
- Test and configure attribution links and other customizable site elements.
- Investigate, track, and resolve data and attribution outages, using ticketing systems
- Collaborate with internal Business Development, Product Management, Engineering, Legal, Accounting, and Business Intelligence teams to ensure that our users have the best registry experience for their weddings or baby showers!
- Maintain positive relationships within and across XO teams and with partner teams.
- Be accountable for escalating issues to satisfactory resolution.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years technical experience with technical details of affiliate marketing programs
- Experience with affiliate marketing web tracking technology (i.e, tracking URLS, Pixels, Browser Cookies)
- Working with Affiliate Networks such as Impact Radius, Linkshare, Commission Junction
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, validating data exchanges via SFTP and API
- Data troubleshooting and analysis using tools like Excel, SQL, Python, etc.
- 2-3 years operations experience managing Technical Projects with real-time business impact
- Customer/Client Service experience, including working in ticketing systems like JIRA, Pivotal, and Asana
- Soft Skills
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Excellent Communication
- Strategic and Tactical Thinking
- Strong Ethics
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.