The Knot Hosts Teched-Out Dream Wedding For Deserving Couple
Samantha & Taylor will marry in live-streamed wedding, with all details selected by America and planned by The Knot
NEW YORK, NY/June 4, 2015 – The Knot, the #1 multiplatform wedding resource, will throw the most high-tech wedding ever today for Samantha Carisch and Taylor Sinclair at The Knot Dream Wedding, with the help of premier sponsors Chateau St. Jean and Revlon. This program follows one couple through every step of the wedding planning process through a weekly video and voting series, crowdsourcing elements including the wedding gown, bridal makeup, flowers and honeymoon destination. Today, America can tune in to TheKnot.com/dreamwedding to watch a live-stream of the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at Chateau St. Jean in Sonoma, California, from 2:40 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET/11:40 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. PT.
The Knot Dream Wedding is a crowdsourced wedding, using the latest in consumer technology to create a personalized, memorable experience for the couple and their guests. Expect to see drone videography, hidden digital cameras, a 3-D printed wedding cake topper, a robot bartender, a socially enabled #LOVEISON Photo Lounge sponsored by Revlon, and health-related wearable devices to capture the bride’s and groom’s every heart-racing movement. Viewers can watch this year’s Dream Wedding live on TheKnot.com/dreamwedding as well as follow @TheKnot on Periscope, Twitter and Facebook for updates and video clips throughout the day. The live-streaming component of the couple’s wedding will allow the mother of the bride to feel a part of the day, as her illness prevents her from attending in person.
Samantha and Taylor were selected by America out of six final couples, chosen from thousands of engaged couples who wrote to The Knot with their unique love stories. They met at a baseball game when Taylor was playing for the Visalia Rawhide, a minor-league baseball team associated with the Arizona Diamondbacks. Taylor proposed during a vacation in Mexico. The couple made two attempts at planning their wedding, first in Mexico and then in Southern California, but both were postponed as the bride’s mother fell ill each time, and Samantha eventually moved in to be her full-time caretaker. The wedding is inspired and planned by the experts at The Knot, with final voting by fans of TheKnot.com. The elements of their wedding day are inspired by their unique story, with modern, surprise twists on tradition throughout the day.
Since late April, thousands of people have voted for Samantha and Taylor’s wedding elements at TheKnot.com/dreamwedding and through Twitter. The winning categories that will come to life at today’s Dream Wedding include:
- Makeup: “Forever Eye Do” by Revlon
- Wedding gown: Sexy fit-and-flare by Pnina Tornai for Kleinfeld
- Bridesmaid dresses: Spearmint tulle from Jenny Yoo
- Rings: Sleek sophistication from H.L. Gross & Co.
- Flowers: Bright pinks and oranges in wooden boxes from Farmgirl Flowers
- Hair: Red-carpet glamorous half-up hairstyle by PRIV
- Stationery: Flowering Affection by Sarah Hawkins Designs for Wedding Paper Divas
- Honeymoon: Six nights in Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora at InterContinental ResortsTo plan and book this wedding, The Knot worked with their premier sponsors and top wedding professionals. Revlon is a premier sponsor and will be exclusively providing makeup for the bride, bridesmaids and mother of the groom from the Revlon ColorStay Collection for longwearing makeup. The Knot Dream Wedding guests and viewers at home can tag their love moments on Instagram and Twitter with #LOVEISON for a chance to be featured on Revlon’s NYC Times Square billboard. Chateau St. Jean winery is the elegant backdrop for this year’s Dream Wedding and the exclusive wine partner for the event. Other top wedding professionals who have helped create the Dream Wedding include: Best Buy Wedding Registry; Bright Event Rentals; CreativeLive; Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa; Farmgirl Flowers; H.L. Gross & Bros. Jewelers; Islands in the Sun; Ivy Hill Entertainment; Jasmine Star Photography; Jeannie Savage of Details, Details; Jenny Yoo; Kleinfeld Bridal Salon; Love & You Video; Mashable; Men’s Wearhouse; PRIV; The Plaza Hotel; Uber; Wedding Paper Divas; and Wildflower Linens.About The Knot Dream Wedding
The Knot Dream Wedding began in 2000 when The Knot and the TODAY show partnered to create one of the first ventures into interactive television, TODAY Ties The Knot. Millions of TV viewers watched The Knot editors preview key elements of the wedding on TV, as they encouraged America to vote online and make the final decision on everything from the dress, venue and flowers to the cake and even the couple. This interactive TV partnership continued for 10 years, and in 2013, The Knot embarked on the first-ever live-streamed, crowdsourced wedding planned by The Knot experts, celebrity wedding professionals and TheKnot.com members. The Knot Dream Wedding in 2014 was live-streamed to an incredible audience of approximately 200,000 online viewers. In 2015, The Knot Dream Wedding will provide a glimpse into the future of the next generation of weddings by showcasing the cutting-edge technology that can be applied to a wedding in a meaningful and personalized way.About The Knot
The Knot is the nation’s leading wedding resource, reaching nearly every couple in America through the #1 wedding website, TheKnot.com; mobile apps; The Knot national and local wedding magazines; The Knot book series; and syndicated columns in newspapers nationwide. The Knot is the flagship brand of XO Group Inc. (NYSE: XOXO), the premier consumer Internet and media company dedicated to guiding people through transformative lifestages—from getting married and moving in together to having a baby. Follow The Knot on Twitter and Instagram @TheKnot.
This release may contain projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events or our future financial performance. These statements are only predictions and reflect our current beliefs and expectations. Actual events or results may differ materially from those contained in the projections or forward-looking statements. It is routine for internal projections and expectations to change, and therefore it should be clearly understood that the internal projections and beliefs upon which we base our expectations may change. Although these expectations may change, we will not necessarily inform you if they do or update this release. Please refer to documents we file from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission for a discussion of the risks and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements contained herein. Forward-looking statements in this release are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions contained in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.
Caty Bennett, Public Relations Manager, The Knot, (212) 515-3595, firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Bach, Director of Public Relations, XO Group Inc., (212) 515-3594, email@example.com
Jennifer Perciballi, Vice President, Corporate Communications, XO Group Inc., (212) 515-1595,