Today Marks Revolutionary First-ever Live-streamed, Crowdsourced Wedding Planned by The Knot Experts, Celebrity Wedding Vendors and the Country
TheKnot.com Throws Once-in-a-Lifetime Luxury Wedding With Every Element Voted on by America, Including the Bride and Groom, Dress, Cake, Honeymoon and More
NEW YORK (February 14, 2013) – Today, TheKnot.com, the #1 wedding planning destination and the authority on all things weddings, is making dreams come true! History will be made as The Knot Dream Wedding, the first-ever live streamed wedding, takes place. This wedding is the first of its kind, and millions of guests around the world are invited – RSVP by watching it all happen as it streams live on TheKnot.com, Facebook, Google+, The Knot YouTube channel, MSN Living and other media platforms.
The ultimate dream wedding, completely planned and paid for by experts at The Knot, will take place at iconic Citi Pond at Bryant Park in New York City today, Valentine’s Day 2013. Since January, people across the country and around the world have voted on every single element of the wedding, from the dress to the ’do and everything in between.
“Sierra and Andre, our Dream Wedding winners, are an ideal and truly deserving couple – we could not be more thrilled to provide them with the wedding of their dreams,” said Carley Roney, cofounder and editor in chief of TheKnot.com. “At the cutting edge of technology, The Knot and all of our editors are honored to have created such a unique and memorable experience that can be shared and viewed nationwide.”
Every element (and the couple’s reactions!) was caught twice a week on The Knot LIVE, a live-streaming TV show. Celebrity wedding planner Amy Shey Jacobs and TheKnot.com editors asked viewers around the globe to decide on everything, and here’s what won, thanks to your vote:
- Winning Couple: The first vote selected our Dream Wedding winners, Sierra and Andre, from a pool of five finalists.
- Theme: The theme chosen is Modern Ice Castle, a vision created by Amy Shey Jacobs of Chandelier Events. With Lucite, ice and all things modern, this ultra-contemporary event will play up the glass-enclosed venue, anchored in a palette of silvers and whites.
- Rings: Classic wedding bands were selected: a platinum pave diamond band for Sierra and a titanium polished band for Andre, both by Michael C. Fina.
- Flowers: The winning flowers are manzanita and crystal. Tall and exotic, these centerpieces by Rebecca Shepherd Floral Design add a modern touch to the branchy seasonal look. The bridal bouquet will be a cluster of shimmering brooches, while the bridesmaids will carry bunches of gorgeous white orchids in different varieties.
- The Dress: At The Knot, we’re all about tradition, and traditionally, the groom can’t see the bride in her dress before the wedding! In keeping with this, tune in as we reveal the beautiful Kleinfeld Bridal gown live on TheKnot.com at 11a.m. – right before Sierra walks down the aisle!
- Hair & Makeup: The look is “winter’s goddess” with a sideswept style that’s romantic, ethereal and strong by Blow. The makeup by MAC creates a captivating and sultry eye using deep-blue tones layered with deep browns.
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Sierra’s girls will don silk crinkle chiffon one-shoulder Amsale gowns in graphite, complete with a trendy asymmetrical peplum and a sweetheart neckline. Sierra and the bridesmaids will also be wearing fabulous shoes by Nine West.
- Formalwear: Andre and his groomsmen will wear contemporary black tuxedos with a modern fit and narrow lapel by BLACK by Vera Wang for Men’s Wearhouse.
- Cake: Ana Parzych Cakes will create a sugary orchid masterpiece, complete with white-fondant cake tiers finished in textured, silver-painted fondant, and decorated with handmade white sugar orchids and piped embroidery painted in silver.
- Ceremony Entertainment: Élan Artists’ Djore A Cappella, the urban gospel chorus specializing in singing a capella, will serenade Sierra and Andre as they walk down the aisle.
- Honeymoon: Tokyo, Japan, is the selected location – the ultimate Asian honeymoon destination — full of culture, customs and cuisine, provided by Expedia. The couple would take this opportunity to volunteer, or “honeyteer,” their time to improve conditions abroad following the Tsunami. What better way to start a life together than by working for a charitable cause after winning the Dream Wedding, Sierra and Andre would love the chance to give back in a meaningful way.
For more information on The Knot Dream Wedding and an overview of Sierra and Andre’s reactions to all their wedding elements, visit TheKnot.com/dreamwedding. Follow the wedding live as it happens on Twitter too: @theknot #tkdreamwedding.
A special thank-you goes out to all the fabulous, luxury celebrity vendors who are a part of putting together Sierra and Andre’s dream wedding, including: 100 Layer Cake, Altos De La Plata, Amsale, Ana Parzych Cakes, Blow, Citi Pond at Bryant Park, Chandelier Events, Chandon, Classic Party Rentals, Elan Artists, Expedia, Karl’s Event Services, Kleinfeld Bridal, MAC, Macarons and Cookies by Woops, Matchbox Twenty, Men’s Wearhouse, Michael C. Fina, Miriam Salat, MSN, Nine West, Okamoto Studio NYC, Original Runner Company, Rebecca Shepherd Floral Design, Rent The Runway, Roey Yohai Photography, Samuel Adams, Smirnoff, Taylor Creative Inc., The Knot Wedding Shop, Tweed Weddings, Wedding Paper Divas and Wildflower Linen.
The Knot is the nation’s leading wedding resource, reaching nearly every bride in America through the number-one wedding website, TheKnot.com; The Knot national and local wedding magazines; The Knot book series; and syndicated columns in newspapers nationwide. The Knot is the flagship brand of XO Group Inc. (NYSE: XOXO), a global media and technology leader devoted to weddings, pregnancy and everything in between, providing young women with the trusted information, products and advice they need to guide them through the most transformative events of their lives. Follow The Knot on Twitter @theknot.
# # #