Crafting technology for these critical life stages is tougher than you think. By building out an engineering culture that supports multiple progressive open source technologies, TDD and pair programming;
We have designed and fun and challenging environment that promotes working together to solve intense problems.
JOB OPENINGS / Software Engineering
We are looking for co-op to help us develop solutions for our core services team.
- Work closely with product managers and directors to identify mission critical features.
- Design tests that assert proper functionality of identified features.
- Develop features for a set REST APIs with Ruby, Rails, Mongo and related technologies.
- Pair program with other team members on building new features.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Desire to learn new technologies and techniques
- Core understanding of basic data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of web development
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good communication skills (i.e. Ability to explain problems & solutions to technical and nontechnical folks alike)
The candidate will learn:
- Ruby, Rails, Rspec
- Single page applications
- Functional Testing
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Product development
Why We Love Working at XO Group:
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, content rich, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. Join our team!
WHY WE LOVE WORKING AT XO GROUP INC:
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, content rich, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. Connect yourself to work that matters!
ABOUT THE DATA ENGINEER ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
XO Group is hiring a passionate and highly skilled Sr. Data Engineer on the Data Platform Engineering team to maintain the current email integration platform. The Sr. Data Engineer will carry on work to develop a new platform to replace the existing platform. In addition, candidate will have an opportunity to work on and develop on XO’s Analytic Data Platform (Snowflake) to merge and aggregate event and operational data providing insights for Product Analytics and Business Intelligence. This position requires a highly organized, self-directed and highly data focused team player with strong analytical skills and deep understanding of data processing in distributed systems. The Sr. Data Engineer will work closely with the Architect to collaborate on architecture and see the design through the complete SDLC. In addition, candidate will work with the Product team and Email Ops personnel to understand business requirements and translate functional requirements into technical specification.
- Maintain the current XO to Responsys integration
- Collaborate with Architect, Product and Operations to develop a new platform for integrating data from XO into Responsys
- Collaborate with BI Analyst to determine Responsys deliverability metrics for analytics and reporting.
- Develop integrations to consume external data from Responsys to be used for analysis
- Participate in the migration of the current platform to the new platform.
- Lead data migrations as necessary to support multiple Responsys accounts
- Collaborate with Product Leads and Email Marketing Ops to understand changes to current platform
- Translate functional requirements into conceptual and detailed design specifications
- Collaborate on architectural changes to implement into the pipeline
- Develop data pipelines using AWS services such as SNS, SQS, Lambda and S3
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 Years developing with Python
- 1 + years Experience developing and maintaining services in AWS such as SNS, SQS, Lambda and S3
- 1 + years experience with Postgresql and ElasticSearch
- 1 + years experience developing and working with Rest APIs
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Experience working with HoneyBadger, Jenkins and GitHub
- Some experience with Node.js and Ruby desirable
- Data warehouse and data modeling experience is a nice to have
- DevOps experience is a nice to have
- Must display strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Things you’ll like a lot!
- Health benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, free drinks and snacks, game room, koi pond, guest speakers and learning events, volunteering opportunities, and a mentorship program.
Things you’ll love!
- Amazing coworkers, unlimited vacation, weekly happy hours, transparent and approachable executives