WHY WE LOVE WORKING AT XO GROUP INC
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, content rich, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. Connect yourself to work that matters!
ABOUT THIS ROLE AND OUR TEAM
In this role, you’ll have a birds-eye view of the entire organization and a chance to build relationships with other employees and members of the management team. This position is best suited for a smart, motivated, resourceful professional looking to break into the industry and make a great first impression at a fast-paced, competitive media and technology company. Strong professional communication skills in person and in writing, a positive attitude and demonstrated leadership abilities are essential. A willingness to pitch in with whatever needs to get done and the ability to always be one step ahead goes a long way, too. The capability to juggle multiple projects, stay calm and collected under pressure must be part of your DNA, and you thrive being part of a collaborative team.
- Gatekeeper to senior executives: phones, mail, email, making sure meetings start and end on time
- Create presentations and other communications
- Manage multiple calendars including scheduling meetings and travel arrangements
- Schedule and coordinate outings and company-wide events and meetings for three departments
- Prepare expense reports and other invoices
- Maintain files, contact lists and other resources
- Research and manage projects as directed
- Act as point of contact for your departments
- Provide occasional support to other c-level executives
- B.A. Required, Communications or Business Administration major preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience as an executive assistant or in an administrative role (Internships count!)
- Travel planning experience a must
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills
- Project management experience
- Superior ability to organize and simplify
- Knowledge of Google Enterprise (Google Drive, Google Calendar, etc.) highly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel a plus
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Things you'll like a lot! Health benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, free drinks and snacks, guest speakers, learning events, and a mentor program.
Things you'll love! Amazing coworkers, unlimited vacation, weekly happy hours, transparent and approachable executives
WHY WE LOVE WORKING AT XO
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, product focused, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. For everyone at XO Group, a collaborative spirit is a must. Our teams are very dedicated and excited about what they do — and we work hard to maintain that atmosphere.
ABOUT THE HR BUSINESS PARTNER ROLE AND OUR TEAM
XO Group Inc. is looking for a seasoned HR Business Partner to join their team in the New York office. XO’s HR Business Partners lead the delivery of all HR services to internal client groups to drive outstanding business performance. Our HRBP's serve as trusted advisers on all HR issues and as partners to the business in hiring, developing and retaining the best talent.
This role will be supporting multiple business groups and be responsible for driving generalist talent initiatives. Each HRBP additionally owns a speciality (compensation, analytics, etc.) and drives the strategy and execution of projects related to that speciality. The HR team at XO Group loves to be challenged, have fun and is always focused on working together to carry the organization through an exciting transformational period full of change.
- Provide leadership and coaching to managers and employees on all aspects of HR
- Drive results based on business goals and strategies by defining and executing specific people-focused initiatives, including talent-related initiatives and employee development programs
- Work to resolve employee and organizational issues in a proactive and positive manner
- Interpret and implement HR policies, practices, and procedures to further the values and strategic vision of the business
- Manage key HR initiatives (talent reviews, performance management processes, engagement survey initiatives, etc.)
- Own a speciality area (compensation, analytics, etc.) and drive the strategy and execution of projects related to that speciality - compensation experience is a plus
- Use data, metrics and internal / external trends to arrive at insights and present findings back to the business, as well as track and disseminate key HR data
- Build credible relationships with key management, business stakeholders and peers by combining commercial and HR expertise to add value to the business
- Coach managers to better manage their business, develop their people, and drive business results
- Provide guidance and challenge business leaders on how to effectively manage change within the organization, such as department reorganizations, leadership changes, role restructuring, mergers and acquisitions
- Support clients in the execution of XO’s evaluation and compensation processes
- Create and promote a fun, positive, fast-paced, accountable culture
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5-10 years of HR experience
- Strong business acumen, analytical and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups
- High energy; comfortable handling multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Strong employee-relations skill set; can earn trust and credibility with employees
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Things you’ll like a lot!
- Health benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, free drinks and snacks, guest speakers and learning events, volunteering opportunities, and a mentor program.
Things you’ll love!
- Amazing coworkers, unlimited vacation (you need time, take it!), weekly happy hours, transparent and approachable executives