The team behind the numbers, Finance and Accounting ensures our business decisions positively impact our users and our bottom line.
WHY WE LOVE WORKING AT XO GROUP INC:
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, content rich, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. Connect yourself to work that matters!
ABOUT THE ACCOUNTANT ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
Our growing finance department is hiring a new team member! Our team is committed to delivering best in class financial and administrative services. We provide financial results to support business decisions, SEC filings, and have fun while doing it! You must be flexible, highly-organized, detail-oriented, and capable of handling sensitive data with care. You shine in a fast-paced environment, have a natural skepticism that fuels your analytical side, all with a positive attitude. You see the opportunity in change and tackle it with enthusiasm. Most importantly, you love to work closely with others, collaborate and share responsibilities.
- Key point of contact for recording of revenue, accounts receivable and deferred revenue for our local business, the fastest growing business at our Company, in accordance with applicable US GAAP accounting standards
- Responsible for all accounting related matters associated with our 2015 acquisition of Gigmasters.com, including bank reconciliations, recording of all journal entries, and a monthly review of the P&L
- Understand and accurately track all sales data to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Responsible for investment accounting of all equity method investments, including amortization of intangible assets, equity pickup and impairment assessments for all current and future investments
- Partner with FP&A and business management to understand business trends and support growth in the businesses
- Complete reconciliations on a monthly basis for all areas of responsibility
- Responsible for working with auditors on quarterly reviews, SOX controls testing, and substantive audit procedures surrounding areas of focus
- Perform financial analysis to support actual results vs. budget / forecast / prior year variance analysis including written business performance commentary
- Proactively seek solutions to decrease time to close, including automation and operational effectiveness
- Contribute to Finance team’s continuous process improvement and pursuit of excellence in systems and processes
- 2-5 years of experience
- Great Plains knowledge/experience a plus
- Proficient in MS office with extensive experience with MS Excel
- Experience in media and with revenue recognition a plus
- Detail oriented, roll up sleeves attitude, organized and an effective communicator
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Things you’ll like a lot!
- Health Benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Free drinks and snacks, Game Room, Guest speakers and learning events, volunteering opportunities, and a mentor program.
Things you’ll love!
- Amazing Coworkers, Unlimited vacation (you need time, take it!), Weekly happy hours – enjoy a few drinks with your amazing co-workers, Transparent and approachable executives