The team behind the numbers, Finance and Accounting ensures our business decisions positively impact our users and our bottom line.
WHY WE LOVE WORKING AT XO GROUP INC:
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, content rich, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. Connect yourself to work that matters!
ABOUT THE BUSINESS PROCESS ANALYST ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
XO Group, a publicly traded company, is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Business Process Analyst for a multi-month project in our exciting New York City, Austin, or Omaha office. This is an important and visible role that reports to the Manager of Internal Audit and requires strong critical thinking skills, attention to detail, and ability to influence and facilitate the needs of diverse stakeholders across the company. The Business Process Analyst will be joining a dynamic team and will have exposure to senior management. An appreciation for happy life events is a plus!
- Work closely with key members across the business including, but not limited to Sales, Operations, Corporate Systems, Legal and Accounting teams to:
- critically assess current end-to-end processes and identify and document underlying application (both in-house and cloud-based)
- identify and inventory interfaces between applications and handoffs/interdependencies between teams and third parties
- identify areas for process and control improvements, and potentially work with operational teams to implement ideas.
- Create or update clear process documentation summarizing detailed procedures – that are to the point, capture agreed up on processes, and are easy to follow – including well laid out process maps to provide a high-level overview to the reader.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, e.g. Accounting, Finance, or Business Management, MIS
- 3-5 years of experience in process design, process documentation, workflow analysis, process change management within a complex business environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the media and online advertising industries
- Ability to dive into the detail of business operations and apply professional skepticism to identify gaps and opportunities for improvements;
- Self-starter, takes ownership, takes consultative approach in complex business environment;
- Knowledge of and experience in Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI DSS, and IT general controls a plus
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Things you'll like a lot!
Health benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, free drinks and snacks, guest speakers and learning events, volunteering opportunities, and a mentor program.
Things you'll love!
Amazing coworkers, unlimited vacation (you need time, take it!), weekly happy hours, transparent and approachable executives
WHY WE LOVE WORKING AT XO GROUP INC.
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, The Bump and GigMasters for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, product focused, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. For everyone at XO Group, a collaborative spirit is a must. Our teams are very dedicated and excited about what they do — and we work hard to maintain that atmosphere.
ABOUT THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT ROLE AND OUR TEAM
Our growing finance department is hiring a new team member! Our team is committed to delivering best in class financial and administrative services. We provide financial results to support business decisions, SEC filings, and have fun while doing it! You must be flexible, highly-organized, detail-oriented, and capable of handling sensitive data with care. You shine in a fast-paced environment, have a natural skepticism that fuels your analytical side, all with a positive attitude. You see the opportunity in change and tackle it with enthusiasm. Most importantly, you love to work closely with others, collaborate and share responsibilities.
- Responsible for executing a monthly general ledger close and quarterly reporting
- Coordinating reviewing and posting of journal entries in various areas, including prepaid expenses, accruals
- Review monthly account reconciliations for areas of responsibility
- Sarbanes-Oxley internal control documentation and compliance
- Perform monthly close of financials which includes: generate and review Financial Statements in compliance with GAAP, compare actual to the budget and investigate /explain variances, analyze key accounts, identify unusual transactions, verify adequacy of reserves and accruals, follow-up and review with management
- Partner with FP&A team to review, analyze and monitor departmental expenses.
- Provide accounting administrative support and training as needed (e.g. account inquiries, accruals, GAAP guidance, corporate policies and procedures etc.)
- Manage internal and external audits by providing audit schedules, support and responding to inquiries.
- Participate in special projects by supporting management and the project team in various tasks.
- Research literature to support accounting treatment and methodology used in accordance with US GAAP and the Company's financial policies.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to calmly work with diverse groups and various levels of financial and operating personnel
- Agile and quick to adapt to change
- Ability to work independently (with limited supervision) and possesses the initiative to identify problems and propose creative solutions
- Flexibility, multi-tasking, creative thinking, gstrong organizational & communication skills are all required to meet strict deadlines and manage other projects
- Management experience a plus, interest in management and solid judgment in management situations required
- 4+ years relevant work experience
BENEFITS & PERKS
Things you’ll like a lot! Health Benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, free drinks and snacks, guest speakers and learning events, volunteering opportunities, and a mentor program.
Things you’ll love! Amazing coworkers, unlimited vacation (you need time, take it!), weekly happy hours, transparent and approachable executives