The team behind the numbers, Finance and Accounting ensures our business decisions positively impact our users and our bottom line.
WHY WE LOVE WORKING AT XO GROUP INC
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. What are highly focused on building a user-centric, products focused, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. For everyone at XO Group, a collaborative spirit is a must. Our teams are very dedicated and excited about what they do — and we work hard to maintain that atmosphere.
ABOUT THE SENIOR FP&A ANALYST ROLE AND OUR TEAM
XO Group is rounding out the transformation of its FP&A team. Our FP&A team is the critical eyes and ears to the financial progress of our company. This is the team that pulls together our numbers and analyzes our business in partnership with our and executive teams. We are seeking a new Senior FP&A Analyst to join our effort adding another set of strong analytic and business skills to our team.
- Design and produce management reports, business performance dashboards, and key metric tracking tools across XO Group, Inc.
- Create monthly, quarterly, annual budgets / forecasts with relevant business teams
- Complete actual results vs. budget / forecast / prior year variance analysis including written business performance commentary
- Collaboratively work with the business team(s) to accurately summarize and present results to Senior Management in both Excel and PowerPoint
- Ad hoc projects to model and summarize current and projected financial performance for potential business arrangements (partnerships, M&A, licensing, etc.)
- Contribute to FP&A team’s pursuit of excellence in systems and processes; partner with the Business Intelligence team as necessary to automate reporting functionality; optimize the FP&A team’s use budgeting / forecasting software to standardize management reports
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-6 years of corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint; strong modeling skills, coupled with an understanding of financial reporting systems, procedures and controls. Experience with Adaptive forecasting a plus.
- Ability to interact with various internal groups; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; formal training in an entry level banking or corporate training program is a plus
- Flexible and eager to learn, with excellent analytical, problem solving, and implementation skills
- Results-oriented, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and expeditiously
- Able to both take direction and show initiative as appropriate
- Comfortable with various financial reporting systems to optimize the results of a business
- Proactive and high-energy with a hands-on approach to problem solving
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment
- Capable of building effective internal and external relationships
- Of unquestioned ethics and integrity
BENEFITS & PERKS
Things you’ll like a lot! Health benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, free drinks and snacks, guest speakers and learning events, volunteering opportunities, and a mentor program.
Things you’ll love! Amazing coworkers, unlimited vacation (you need time, take it!), weekly happy hours, transparent and approachable executives.