The team behind the numbers, Finance and Accounting ensures our business decisions positively impact our users and our bottom line.
WHY WE LOVE WORKING AT XO GROUP INC:
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, content rich, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. Connect yourself to work that matters!
ABOUT THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
XO Group’s Finance team is seeking a Staff Accountant to manage day-to-day accounting tasks and lead the revenue recognition procedures for National, Registry, Publishing and Commerce in our monthly close process. This job is for you if you love numbers as much as you love being in a creative atmosphere.
You must be flexible, highly-organized, detail-oriented, and capable of handling sensitive data with care. You shine in a fast-paced environment, have a natural skepticism that fuels your analytical side, all with a positive attitude. You see the opportunity in change and tackle it with enthusiasm. Most importantly, you love to work closely with others, collaborate and sharing responsibilities to ensure that everything is accounted for.
- Responsible for recording revenue in accordance with applicable revenue recognition standards for National Advertising Business, including reviewing and interpreting new contracts, review of campaign under delivery and proper revenue recognition guidelines
- Calculate quarterly bonuses
- Perform quarterly review of bad debt expense/allowance for doubtful accounts for aging receivables
- Assist with system implementation efforts related to areas of responsibility (National Advertising, Publishing, Registry and Commerce)
- Review reconciliations on a monthly basis for all areas of responsibility
- Perform financial analysis to support actual results vs. budget, forecast, and prior year variance analysis
- Responsible for working with auditors on quarterly reviews, SOX controls testing, and substantive audit procedures surrounding areas of focus
- Contribute to Finance team’s continuous process improvement and pursuit of excellence in systems and processes
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years of experience
- Great Plains knowledge/experience a plus
- Proficient in MS office with extensive experience with MS Excel
- Experience in media and revenue recognition a plus
- Detail Oriented, roll up sleeves attitude, organized and an effective communicator
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment
- A confident individual as well as a team player, capable of building effective internal and external relationships
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Things you’ll like a lot!
- Health Benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Free drinks and snacks, Game Room, Guest speakers and learning events, volunteering opportunities, and a mentor program.
Things you’ll love!
- Amazing Coworkers, Unlimited vacation (you need time, take it!), Weekly happy hours – enjoy a few drinks with your amazing co-workers, Transparent and approachable executives