From the hottest trends to trusted expert advice, the Editorial team delivers highly coveted content that serves as the lifeblood of our brands The Knot, The Nest and The Bump.
WHY WE LOVE WORKING AT XO GROUP INC:
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, content rich, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. Connect yourself to work that matters!
ABOUT THE STAFF EDITOR ROLE AND THE BUMP TEAM:
Ready to help couples truly navigate one of life’s biggest moments—parenthood? The Bump is looking for a talented, self-motivated staff editor to join our high-performing team. If you have 5 to 7 years of editorial experience at a consumer-facing digital media brand, can write, pitch and edit for digital audiences and a passion for covering health and lifestyle for this generation of parents, we want to talk to you.
- Write both short- and long-lead content (including articles, slideshows, roundups and news stories) on deadline
- Assign stories and work with both in-house writers and freelancers to shape stories across all of The Bump’s digital platforms
- Pitch and package fresh, creative ideas that can engage our audience across different platforms and various social channels
- Stay current on pregnancy and parenting trends
- Learn and create short-form videos
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years editorial experience at a national digital media company
- Experience in SEO
- Strong editorial news judgment
- A balance of initiative and the ability to take direction
- Thrives in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Great at packaging and headline writing
- Experience in the parenting or health space a plus
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Things you’ll like a lot!
- Health Benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Free drinks and snacks, Game Room, Guest speakers and learning events, volunteering opportunities, and a mentor program.
Things you’ll love!
- Amazing Coworkers, Unlimited vacation (you need time, take it!), Weekly happy hours – enjoy a few drinks with your amazing co-workers, Transparent and approachable executives