WHY WE LOVE WORKING AT XO GROUP INC:
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, content rich, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. Connect yourself to work that matters!
ABOUT THE JUNIOR AUDITOR ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
XO Group, a publicly traded company, is seeking an enthusiastic Internal Auditor, who will report to our Manager of Internal Audit. This role can be in any of our exciting Austin, New York, or Omaha offices. This is an important and visible role that requires strong audit skills, professionalism, attention to detail, and organizational skills. The Internal Auditor will be joining a dynamic team executing a number of exciting initiatives and will have exposure to senior management. An appreciation for happy life events is a plus!
- Perform walkthroughs with control owners to verify process and controls in place across the company.
- Execute testing procedures to verify that controls are designed and operating effectively through audit and interviewing techniques.
- Obtain and review evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented
- Identify and communicate issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk
- Ensure audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk
- Ensure adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards
- Performs other related Internal Audit review testing as assigned
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in internal and/or external audit. Experience in a public accounting firm and relevant professional certification (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA) preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in Sarbanes Oxley and IT general controls audits
- Ability to quickly understand and document business processes, risks and controls completely and accurately
- Ability to identify underlying cause of an issue raised.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to apply professional skepticism to identify gaps and opportunities for improvements
- Excellent communicator and team-player, with the ability to multitask
- Experience with Workiva Wdesk a plus
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Things you’ll like a lot!
- Health Benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Free drinks and snacks, Game Room, Guest speakers and learning events, volunteering opportunities, and a mentorship program.
Things you’ll love!
- Amazing Coworkers, Unlimited vacation (you need time, take it!), Weekly happy hours – enjoy a few drinks with your amazing co-workers, Transparent and approachable executives, Guest speakers and learning events.
WHY WE LOVE WORKING AT XO GROUP INC:
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best-in-class user experience in order to make these moments even more special. We are passionate about building a user-centric, content-rich, mobile-first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. Connect yourself to work that matters!
ABOUT THE VP, LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
XO Group is looking for a dynamic VP, Legal and Business Affairs to join our team in New York. In this role, you will be the head of the corporate legal department and will be responsible for the legal affairs of the entire corporation. The VP, Legal and Business Affairs operates equally between day to day transactional work with internal clients, company customers and partners, as well as interacting with senior management on a broad spectrum of functions, including finance, sales, product management, engineering, Human Resources, and Board matters.
The VP, Legal & Business Affairs will have impeccable judgment and be a key thought leader, compliance officer, and business adviser to XO Group’s relevant decision-makers. You will utilize your own knowledge and effective support from our outside legal service providers to get the best solutions for our company. You will also lead the day-to-day operations of the internal audit function.
- Provide timely considered and strategic legal advice to management and the executive team
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors
- Manage our outside counsel to ensure we are getting the best advice in our decision making
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically
- Identify and implement enterprising solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Directly involve yourself in complex business transactions & negotiate critical contracts.
- Ensure XO Group is meeting all legal requirements & objectives (SEC filings, Business registrations etc., contracting)
- Build trust and respect with partners across our business
- Work with external parties, including regulators, external counsel, politicians, and clients
- Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from internal legal team and external legal resources
- Keep abreast of legislative changes and their potential impact on our business
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Validated general counseling experience in business environment
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, employment law, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organizations
- Ability to understand how our business operates with financial acumen
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent judgment and ability to know your limitations and seek outside advice where it is needed
- Clear, succinct communication skills and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work closely with an executive team
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to “see around the corner”
- J.D. degree & approximately 10 years working experience with demonstrated leadership experience
- MA or BS in Business Administration will be considered an asset
- Admitted to practice law in NY required
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Things you’ll like a lot! Health benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, free drinks and snacks, guest speakers, learning events, and a mentor program.
Things you’ll love! Amazing coworkers, unlimited vacation, weekly happy hours, transparent and approachable executives