WHY WE LOVE WORKING AT XO GROUP INC:
Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, content rich, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. Connect yourself to work that matters!
ABOUT THE TECHNICAL OPERATIONS MANAGER ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
You’ll be a part of building a business within a business. Our Registry team identifies and shapes products and services to help couples plan their weddings and build their families. XO’s registry product is unique in that we have a patent on aggregating registries for couples, and in turn, providing a centralized location for gifting for wedding and baby events. As the heart of the Registry business, the Technical Operations Manager will be the Grand Master of onboarding new partners with a high focus on coordinating systems integrations. You will be working with technical and non-technical teams to help address client and production issues via email, phone and ticketing systems, and implementing quality control across all of our registry partnerships.
Your time will split between working with external retail partners and cross-functional stakeholders across Business Development, Analytics, Product and Tech. You’ll be a creative problem solver, a fast thinker and one that enjoys to work across different functional teams.
- Working knowledge of systems integrations including API requirements, IP whitelisting, rate limiting, and importing feeds into our database
- Work with technical and non-technical teams to help triage API integrations, address client/production issues via email, phone and ticketing systems with XO Group retail partners such as Bed Bath & Beyond, Macy’s, Anthropologie and Target.
- Understand database design and database best practices
- Ability to project manage a technical implementation
- Design and set process and procedures for retailer and team communications
- Meet with new and existing Retail and Affiliate partners on data, ETL and API integrations
- Collaborate with customer service to identify, triage and implement system-wide changes.
- Implement quality assurance processes to ensure accurate and on-time integration delivery
- Coordinate technical projects execution between engineering, product and business teams
- Act as a subject matter expert for all Registry products and services
- Maintain positive relationships within and across XO teams and with partner teams
- Be accountable for escalating issues to satisfactory resolution
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years working with SQL
- 3-5 years as a junior DBA, operations analyst, technical account manager or operations manager for public-facing, online products or services
- Experience with collaboration or ticketing software tools, such as Wiki, Sharepoint, Pivotal Tracker, Jira
- Working knowledge of affiliate networks (ex: LinkShare, Commission Junction)
- Experience with agile processes and tools
- Fantastic oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Very high attention to detail
- Experience in ecommerce, retail, wedding or gift industries is a major pluS
- Being a rock-star communicator - on paper, in person, over email/chat
- You have mastered the art of prioritizing - you have great instinct on what matters and when
- You’re always on the look-out for patterns or trends in data that tell a story
- You work as seamlessly as a team player as you do an individual contributor
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Things you’ll like a lot!
- Health Benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Free drinks and snacks, Game Room, Guest speakers and learning events, volunteering opportunities, and a mentor program.
Things you’ll love!
- Amazing Coworkers, Unlimited vacation (you need time, take it!), Weekly happy hours – enjoy a few drinks with your amazing co-workers, Transparent and approachable executives